Thursday 10 May 2012

My beautiful heart

It takes all of my courage to title my first ever blog something so grand and confident. The lifting of the veil of my heart has been a relatively new experience for me. You see, my heart is not the old heavy cursed heart I was born with anymore. My heart has been made new, it's clean - spotless in fact! When God looks at me He sees His very own child, justified by faith in Jesus Christ and blameless. To God, my Father, I possess a beautiful heart and I will no longer be ashamed.

If you're beginning to think that you know me - I've wronged you, I've spoken harsh words to you, I'm not so perfect and my heart is the furthest thing from beautiful....I want to be fully restored to you. God does that kind of thing, He's good at it and it pleases Him. I'm realising more than ever the need for truth, my love of all things true. A despising of backbiting of half truth of lukewarmness of compromise. I am striving not to be "a better person" but to be thee person God made me to be. Not the world, sin & circumstance tainted one I had become. God made me. He said that all of creation was good, but...after He created us do you know what He said? He looked at all the good things He had created and upon the addition on man He pronounced it VERY good.

He created us to be good. The Bible says there is no one good but God. How then can we be good? Only through the sanctifying work of the Lord Jesus Christ (Yeshua) who not only died in our place but ROSE AGAIN! This is the victory in which I live with the Saviour who defeated evil itself so God Himself could look upon me and see good - an attribute reserved for God Himself!

Could it be that we have lost sight of the pure meaning of GOOD, TRUE, LOVE, HOPE, JUSTICE to name just a few? Could it be that we have never understood them? We have settled for the reflection of these attributes and not the real deal. Good is more than a behaviour we expect to see from small children, hope is more than what the world offers, justice is more than laws laid down and poorly followed through by man. In fact, even LOVE in its deepest earthly form, unconditional and all consuming to the point you would lay down your life for another is still only a reflection of the God who does not only possess love but IS love. God is love. It remains the eternal mystery that the God who IS love, is also Holy, Just, the Judge, Healer, Father (there's so much more!) He is the pure embodiment of everything were made to be and through Him all of these attributes should be evident in their original form in us, those who follow Him, who ask of God:

Cleanse my heart, Oh God
Make it ever NEW
Change my heart, Oh God
May I be like You





3 comments:

  1. I'm so glad you have a blog now! Thank you for such uplifting, encouraging words! Can't wait to hear more from you!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful heart, sweet daughter of the King! Love you so much sis, and looking forward to reading more inspiring thoughts- big HUGS on your bday- you are a real GEM xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey Deb! I added you to my blog reading list! I loved this first post and off to read the next! Much love! xx

    ReplyDelete