Monday 21 May 2012

Tear stained notebook

I am sitting in our now quiet home. I can see the evidence of what was an action packed weekend everywhere I look. To any visitors appearing today it looks messy, but not to me. I am enjoying picking up the pieces and remembering the faces of those who shared this space.

My brother was teasing me on Saturday, saying that it is always 'an experience' to come to any of our gatherings. I suppose that's true. Jay and I have never fitted easily in one group of friends and as a result we have a wide friend base that looks a little random when we join them all together! I can recall at least six different nationalities represented here - that doesn't sound like a big deal, but it is remarkable in a small country such as ours. I'm sure at least 20 children stormed the garden, playing, bouncing, laughing, colliding in a medley of noise and action. My heart was warmed to be an undetected observer as people dear to us got acquainted and shared food and stories together.

I'm enjoying the memories of the weekend. Re-living the running from child care to food serving to setting up games to cleaning spills to nursing (minor!) injuries, making beds for overnight guests, catching up with people, connecting groups of friends together and I find myself silently committing to my Father the needs of all those present and those who I had wished could be present and were missed.

As I navigated the children through this mornings events I found myself in one of those rare moments of being on my own - in the bathroom. I suppose the fact that it's usually a quiet place is what prompted me to leave my notebook there on Friday. In it I have written some of my most heartfelt poems and letters, some song lyrics and words the Lord has given me. I have yet to fill most of it's pages but I did not mind sharing these words with whomever was inclined to read them. I was pleased this morning to notice it had been moved and wondered if anyone had read it.

Opening the book I found what looks like tear stains on one of its pages. Through all of the events of this weekend, this will be the moment I will remember. I'm not sure I'll ever know to whom they belonged, nor do I need to. It was God who asked me to leave the book, it was the Holy Spirit who moved you to tears through these true words. They were meant for you, and lest you forget I will write them here in the hope you believe them and turn to Father God who so desires your attention.

Taken from a song called 'Beautiful' by Mercy Me.

Days would come when you don't have the strength.
When all you hear is you're not worth anything.
Wondering if you ever could be loved,
and if they ever saw your heart they'd see too much.

You are beautiful.
You are made for so much more than all of this.
You are beautiful.
You are treasured, you are sacred, you are His. (God's)
You are beautiful.
You are more than what is hurting you tonight.
You are beautiful.

Leave go of the lies that are hurting you. They are nothing in the shadow of the cross.

You are beautiful x

2 comments:

  1. Lovely Deb! keep writing
    J x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful Deb! I'm touched, you are so sincere and precious, sweetie!

    ReplyDelete